Mansell gives Hamilton early edge in battle of British champions
Monday 08 March 2010
The former Formula One world champion Nigel Mansell believes Lewis Hamilton will have the edge in the battle of the Britons when the 2010 championship gets under way at Bahrain on Sunday. Hamilton, the 2008 world champion, is now teamed up with reigning champion Jenson Button, the new boy at McLaren.
Mansell said yesterday: "I'd give Lewis the edge only because he's been there for a couple of years, but Jenson will settle down and, hopefully, prove what a great world champion he is and compete very strongly.
"I think they are both number ones in the same team. I give Lewis the edge for the first six races because he knows the team and the people and the car. Jenson will take a few races to get up to speed with the car, but after that they should have total parity."
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia