Max Chilton: I deserve a seat at Marussia for next season
Tuesday 15 October 2013
British rookie Max Chilton believes he deserves another season in Formula One. While his team Marussia recently confirmed the re-signing of Jules Bianchi for 2014, Chilton remains in limbo. But the 22-year-old from Reigate said: "I feel I'm showing I deserve a seat for next year.
"Everyone gets judged, so you have to prove yourself, which is hard for rookies these days because there is so little testing, which means it's going to take part of the season to get up to speed.
"I admit, at times, I haven't got things right, like at Silverstone and Germany, but on the whole it has been pretty good, and since the August break especially I couldn't have done much more."
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote