MotoGP: Lorenzo keeps heat on Pedrosa after his 'cat and mouse' victory
Monday 17 June 2013
Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo trimmed the gap to championship leader and compatriot Dani Pedrosa at the top of the standings to seven points when he stormed to victory at a sweltering Catalunya Grand Prix yesterday.
British rider Cal Crutchlow, searching for his third successive podium, saw any hopes disappear when he crashed out on the sixth lap. Pedrosa's Honda team-mate Marc Marquez finished third. "It was extremely hot and the tyres lost a lot of performance but the start was crucial and I got a better start than I expected and was able to get past Dani [Pedrosa] at the first corner," Lorenzo said.
"It was a bit like cat and mouse but towards the end I was able to push a bit harder and I was able to win such a tough and physically challenging race."
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back