Motorcycling: Marc Marquez wins after sending Dani Pedrosa flying
Monday 30 September 2013
Marc Marquez extended his MotoGP points lead by winning the Aragon Grand Prix but his win came only after he played a part in the crash of Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa. Marquez grazed the back of Pedrosa’s bike, causing Pedrosa to lose control and slide down the track.
“I touched him a little with the front of my bike, and they tell me I may have broken a cable and that’s why he fell,” said Marquez. “It was very unlucky. That doesn’t usually happen.”
A furious Pedrosa had to be carried off the track by the medical crew. He later said that he was fine except for some pain in his pelvis. “Marc always rides to the limit when he has riders in front,” said Pedrosa.
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us