Pirelli provide longer-lasting tyres for Spanish Grand Prix
Monday 06 May 2013
Pirelli will be providing Formula One teams with an extra set of tyres for practice sessions at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.
The idea is to ensure leading drivers run for the entire session rather than waiting for others to clean the track and make it more suitable for effective running.
Pirelli said the tyres would be made of a special hard compound, made to last much longer and different to the regular hards used during the rest of the weekend.
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'