Raikkonen return still on schedule
Monday 12 December 2011
Lotus Renault say Kimi Raikkonen is "absolutely fine" after the 2007 Formula One world champion, who is returning to the sport next season, suffered a fall in a snowmobile race in Austria on Saturday.
"Kimi went off during a snowmobile competition in Austria today but he's absolutely fine," Renault said on the team's official Twitter feed. A second tweet added: "We just spoke to Kimi. There's nothing to worry about, he only has a sore wrist. He might have it checked again on Monday, but that's all."
Raikkonen signed for the team last week after two years away from Formula One, agreeing a two-year deal with Renault.
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc