Rallying: Loeb eases to title No 9
Monday 08 October 2012
Sebastien Loeb wrapped up his ninth consecutive World Rally Championship with victory in the Rallye de France yesterday.
Loeb's eighth win in 11 races so far this season sees him wrap up yet another title with two rounds to spare. "It has been a great moment. We had been dreaming of it since the weekend began," he said.
The victory also heralded the end of an era with the Frenchman previously announcing he would not defend his title in 2013.
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson destroys sorry England to give Australia command in second Test
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail