Ron Dennis: McLaren 'let Lewis Hamilton walk away'
Saturday 05 January 2013
Ron Dennis has revealed McLaren could have pushed to retain Lewis Hamilton, but chose not to.
Hamilton this week started in earnest a three-year deal with Mercedes, ending his 14-year association with McLaren, the last six of which were in Formula One.
Dennis said: "I think it's wrong to portray that Lewis left this team.
"Did we have the ability to create a situation where we could have stayed together? Categorically, yes.
"Would that have been the right thing to do? We didn't think so."
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 3 Russell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as 'minute of bulls**t'
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS