Ron Dennis: McLaren 'let Lewis Hamilton walk away'
Saturday 05 January 2013
Ron Dennis has revealed McLaren could have pushed to retain Lewis Hamilton, but chose not to.
Hamilton this week started in earnest a three-year deal with Mercedes, ending his 14-year association with McLaren, the last six of which were in Formula One.
Dennis said: "I think it's wrong to portray that Lewis left this team.
"Did we have the ability to create a situation where we could have stayed together? Categorically, yes.
"Would that have been the right thing to do? We didn't think so."
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'