Schumacher: I'm ready to go
Thursday 21 January 2010
A rejuvenated Michael Schumacher is itching to get behind the wheel of a Formula One car again, he said yesterday.
"After my retirement at the end of 2006 I was very happy," he said. "I felt relieved, freed. It served me extremely well to be quiet for those three years. It really is as if my batteries are fully loaded. I can notice how the prickle is returning, and how motivated I am because I am so much looking forward to this competition. Physically, I have been working out since December and I feel fresh and fit. That was one of the reasons why I felt so good in the car in Jerez [during GP2 testing]. The test was super. It went better than I had expected. But then Formula One is another thing. That is why I am so looking forward to testing in February. I can't wait."
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin