Sebastian Vettel impresses during practice for European Grand Prix
Friday 22 June 2012
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel was the fastest through two practice sessions today for Formula One's European Grand Prix.
The two-time defending world champion, who has won here the past two seasons starting from pole, clocked the day's best lap in the second session of one minute, 39.334 seconds on the 5.4-kilometer (3.3-mile) Valencia Street Circuit.
Force India's Nico Hulkenberg was next, followed by Kamui Kobayashi of Sauber and Mercedes' Michael Schumacher.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso was seventh, while points leader Lewis Hamilton was 14th.
The top 15 drivers all recorded times within a one-second margin.
Vettel trails Hamilton by two points and Alonso by one ahead of Sunday's race.
Qualifying is on Saturday after the final practice session.
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts