Stewart in hospital after in-flight scare
Thursday 03 March 2011
Sir Jackie Stewart was taken to hospital yesterday after falling ill while flying home from the Geneva Motor Show. The 71-year-old former world champion was on a British Airways flight to London.
BA said its flight crew requested an emergency landing "so that a male passenger could receive medical attention immediately on arrival". The pilot reportedly asked if there were any medical personnel on the plane, and he was given first aid by flight attendants.
Sir Jackie was taken to Hillingdon Hospital in west London. His private secretary, Oliver Anderson, said he had suffered "a physical setback" on the flight and was expected to make a full recovery.
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men