The Independent & i - Kettle Ridge Crisps Dodgem Derby competition terms and conditions
Monday 21 February 2011
1) This competition (“Promotion”) is only open to individuals aged 18 years or over who are resident in the United Kingdom.
2) Proof of age will be required from all winners.
3) To qualify as a driver at the event (“Driver”), the winner must be over 21 years old and the holder of a full, current, clean UK driving licence. The winner must have been in possession of their full UK driving licence for at least three years as of 1 March 2011 and must provide proof that they hold such a licence by providing the original or a certified copy of both parts of their driving licence (the paper counterpart and accompanying photo card) prior to being awarded their prize. If the winner is under 21 years of age or is not the holder of a full current, clean, UK driving licence which he/she has held for at least three years and therefore does not qualify for the prize as a Driver, he/she may nominate a friend, partner or family member to accompany him/her at the event as the Driver and this person must be 21 years or over, resident in the United Kingdom, have a full, current, clean UK driving licence, have held such licence for at least three years as of 1 March 2011 and must comply with all of the relevant terms and conditions herein. The nominated Driver must also bring both parts of the driving licence (both the paper counterpart and photo card) along to the Event, the Event being defined in Section 9. If the Driver is unable to produce the required driving licence either prior to the award of the prize or at the Event, as outlined in these terms and conditions, their prize will be reallocated to a runner up without compensation or remuneration.
4) The Driver will be required to bring and is responsible for bringing with them any objects required by law for adequate and legal driving, for example glasses and contact lenses.
5) The winner and their nominated Driver (where applicable), shall comply with the reasonable directions of the Promoter and / or Event or venue operator and all instructions which are required for prize fulfilment including without limitation those necessary under any relevant health and safety procedure and / or insurance policy provided by the Promoter or Event or venue provider. If the winner or their nominated Driver does not or cannot comply with such instructions and requests, whether through choice or circumstances beyond their control (including without limitation by reason of health) the winner and their nominated Driver (where applicable) will not be eligible to take part in the Event and / or prize and the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate (at their full discretion) the Prize to a runner up without compensation or remuneration.
6) The winner and any nominated Driver (where applicable) shall sign and return to the Promoter (before taking their prize) the Promoter’s ‘disclaimer’ and a contract provided by the Promoter (“Event Participant Contract”) with regard to the driving of any vehicle and their participation in any physical activities as part of their participation in, and fulfilment of, the prize. If the winneror their nominated Driver does not or cannot sign the disclaimer and / or Event Participant Contract, whether through choice or circumstances beyond their control (including without limitation by reason of health) the winner and their nominated Driver (where applicable) will not be eligible to take part in the Event and / or prize and the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate (at their full discretion) the prize to a runner up without compensation or remuneration.
7) The Promoter and / or relevant Event provider shall be responsible for providing car insurance when the Driver is driving on public roads and private driving track (if applicable) with the relevant car supplied during the Event Day only and details of this insurance shall be provided to the Driver within the Event Participant Contract. The Driver must drive on public roads in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the Highway Code and shall be solely responsible for the consequences of breaking any law including without limitation the payment of any parking tickets or speeding or other fines.
8) Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
i) any incident, injury or death arising from participation in the prize and / or Event; and
ii) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; and
iii) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize, and
iv) any act of default of any third party supplier, which are beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
9) Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
- Prize: A place in the Event for the winner plus a friend. The Event shall mean a day of supervised, controlled driving (on the road) combined with a number of ‘Pit Stop Challenges’ that will comprise physical activities (outside of the vehicles) whereby the winners will compete against Ben Collins, their fellow winners and the clock to earn points. The participant that has accumulated the most points at the end of the Event Day will win one of the vehicles. The approximate driving route will start in the town of Middle Wallop, Hampshire and end in central London. The Event will take place on [Saturday 26th March 2011] (the “Event Day”).
- The chance to win, subject to paragraph 17, the vehicle used at the Event which will be an RL300 Quadzilla road legal buggy that has been customized with a body kit to represent an oversized vintage dodgem car (the “Vehicle”). Petrol, insurance and full break down cover for the Vehicle will be provided as part of the prize for the duration of the Event only. Travel to and from the Event location and hotel accommodation for one night only shall be arranged by the Promoter. Travel is limited to standard class rail travel to and from mainline train stations in the United Kingdom. Food and drink, excluding alcoholic beverages, (for the duration of the Event only) will also be provided up to a maximum value of £25 per person.
10) The Promoter will set the winner a number of tasks during the Event and the winner of the vehicle will be chosen based on the criteria determined by the Promoter. The criteria for winners participating in the Event will be laid out in the Event Participation Contract. The Event Participation Contract shall mean a legally binding contract issued by The Promoter that must be read and signed by the winners and nominated Drivers (where applicable) prior to The Event Day. The Promoter makes no guarantee or representation as to the condition of the car at the end of the Event Day, and if the car is damaged or written off during the Event Day, the Promoter has full discretion as to whether or not the car will be repaired or replaced.
11) The winner of the Vehicle shall be responsible for insuring the Vehicle and for the fuel required from the point of hand over to the winner, at which point the winner will become the sole legal owner of the Vehicle. The handover of the Vehicle shall be on a date to be determined by The Promoter and The Promoter will notify the Winner by 30th April 2011 in writing to confirm the delivery date of the Vehicle which shall be on or before 1st June 2011and will include delivery of the Vehicle to the winner’s address (within the UK only). For the avoidance of doubt, prizes do not include petrol, insurance or breakdown cover beyond those required for the Event and as outlined in these terms and conditions.
12) The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any or part of the prize for equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of it) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
13) Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prize where applicable. These third party terms and conditions will be laid out in the Event Participant Contract provided to the winner in advance of the Event.
14) Nothing shall be provided to the winner other than that which is stated within these terms and conditions.
15) If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept the prize, or cannot be contacted within 3 working days of the Selection Date, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant.
16) The prize is redeemable only on the Event date selected by The Promoter. The winner will be notified of the Event date at the same time they are notified of their win. The winner must be available on the Event Day and able to get them self to the specified location with basic travel and accommodation costs arranged and paid for by The Promoter as described in Section 17. If The Winner is unavailable, The Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant without compensation or remuneration.
17) It is the Promoter’s intention to film the winners and others taking part in the Event and to use such content for publicity and promotional purposes, although the Promoter is under no obligation to do so. The winner shall sign a standard release form relating to the promotion and prizes which shall include, without limitation, the granting of permission (without remuneration) for the Promoter to film the winners during the Event and distribution of any resulting content by the Promoter on the internet including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, www.kettlechips.co.uk and all blogs and websites associated and/or supported by the campaign. For the avoidance of doubt the copyright in any material created by the Promoter or authorised third party and arising out of the Event and / or prize fulfilment shall be owned by the Promoter.
18) The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
19) The Promoter’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
21) This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising under it shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22) When you respond, Independent Print Limited may use your information to contact you with offers/services of interest. For further information or if you would prefer to not be contacted, please write to Customer Care, Room 203b, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT.
23) Usual promotion rules apply, for more information see independent.co.uk/legal.
24) The Promoter is: Kettle Foods Ltd, Barnard Road, Bowthorpe, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 9JP, England (“the Promoter”).
My one and only game for Neil Baldwin FC
Laura Trott and Jason Kenny announce engagement
Jose Mourinho says Chelsea deserve to be setting pace going into Christmas fixtures
Manchester United vs Newcastle United preview: Alan Pardew targets rare Old Trafford win to halt Newcastle slump
Arsenal vs QPR: Leroy Fer seeks perfect present for Boxing Day
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader