Top test marks for Raikkonen
Monday 05 March 2012
Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus headed Ferrari's Fernando Alonso as the Formula One teams completed pre-season testing in Spain yesterday. Raikkonen, 32, who returns to F1 this season after two years in rallying, set a time 0.22 seconds faster than Alonso.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was sixth fastest on Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya behind Williams's Bruno Senna, Force India's Nico Hülkenberg and Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi.
Red Bull's world champion Sebastian Vettel was slowest after a day beset by problems. He caused a delay when he ran off the track, damaging his front wing and diffuser, and then suffered gearbox problems.
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn