Top test marks for Raikkonen
Monday 05 March 2012
Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus headed Ferrari's Fernando Alonso as the Formula One teams completed pre-season testing in Spain yesterday. Raikkonen, 32, who returns to F1 this season after two years in rallying, set a time 0.22 seconds faster than Alonso.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was sixth fastest on Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya behind Williams's Bruno Senna, Force India's Nico Hülkenberg and Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi.
Red Bull's world champion Sebastian Vettel was slowest after a day beset by problems. He caused a delay when he ran off the track, damaging his front wing and diffuser, and then suffered gearbox problems.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture