Top test marks for Raikkonen
Monday 05 March 2012
Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus headed Ferrari's Fernando Alonso as the Formula One teams completed pre-season testing in Spain yesterday. Raikkonen, 32, who returns to F1 this season after two years in rallying, set a time 0.22 seconds faster than Alonso.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was sixth fastest on Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya behind Williams's Bruno Senna, Force India's Nico Hülkenberg and Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi.
Red Bull's world champion Sebastian Vettel was slowest after a day beset by problems. He caused a delay when he ran off the track, damaging his front wing and diffuser, and then suffered gearbox problems.
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Arsenal v Hull: Arsene Wenger ignores the sceptics and tells Gunners to seize Premier League title chance
Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City, not Arsenal, offer greatest challenge to Chelsea title hopes
Premier League: Arsenal beware - this is the tightest season in 11 years
Manchester United v Everton: David Moyes keeps lid on emotions ahead of Everton's visit to Old Trafford
Arsenal v Hull: Bacary Sagna ruled out with hamstring injury while Arsene Wenger denies Alvaro Morata agreement
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do