Top test marks for Raikkonen
Monday 05 March 2012
Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus headed Ferrari's Fernando Alonso as the Formula One teams completed pre-season testing in Spain yesterday. Raikkonen, 32, who returns to F1 this season after two years in rallying, set a time 0.22 seconds faster than Alonso.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was sixth fastest on Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya behind Williams's Bruno Senna, Force India's Nico Hülkenberg and Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi.
Red Bull's world champion Sebastian Vettel was slowest after a day beset by problems. He caused a delay when he ran off the track, damaging his front wing and diffuser, and then suffered gearbox problems.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut