Turkish Grand Prix dropped for 2012
Wednesday 31 August 2011
The Turkish Grand Prix was dropped from a 2012 Formula One calendar published by the sport's governing body today.
The controversial Bahrain Grand Prix was also moved from the start of the season in March to the fourth round in April, with Australia opening the championship as it did this season.
The US Grand Prix at a new circuit in Austin, Texas, was also moved from June to a new November date, when conditions will be cooler.
There will be 20 races in 2012, one more than this season after the 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix had to be cancelled due to civil unrest in the Gulf kingdom.
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson destroys sorry England to give Australia command in second Test
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail