US Grand Prix in pictures
Formula One returned to America this weekend after a five-year absence. It was the 10th attempt by F1 to crack the United States.
The Delightfully named Circuit of the Americas is the first purpose-built F1 venue in North America and cost a recession disregarding £250m to build close to Austin in Texas.
Riverside, Sebring, Watkins Glen, Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas, Long Beach, Phoenix and Indianapolis have all hosted F1 races in the US over the past 60 years.
The title race goes down to the wire in Brazil next Sunday after Sebastian Vettel failed to finish 15 points ahead of rival Fernando Alonso. Red Bull clinched the constructors' title for the third year in a row.
Here we take a look at this weekend's action from the US Grand Prix.
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Robin van Persie: Manchester United may have more joy if striker is dropped by David Moyes
Why does Manuel Pellegrini keep picking Martin Demichelis?
Tim Sherwood receives backing from Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy following heavy Chelsea defeat
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pleads for 'fair chance' from referee in Champions League clash
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home