David Ashdown's sports picture diary: Beijing Olympics - Kayaking
Tuesday 12 August 2008
David Ashdown was in Beijing covering the 2008 Olympic Games
The white water is a great event if the sun shines and it did today - sunshine and water are a photographer's dream. This picture shows him coming up to the red gate that the competitors had to go round, so it's always a good place as they also have to go back up the water - and you never know - they might turn over.
Picture taken on a Nikon D3, 500mm lens, aperture F9.0, shutter speed 1/1000th of a second
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle