Moldovan hammer thrower thrown out of Olympics after testing positive for doping
Saturday 04 August 2012
Hammer thrower Marina Marghieva of Moldova has been withdrawn from the London Games after she tested positive for doping.
The Moldovan Olympic Committee
says it removed Marghieva from the team after the governing body of athletics, the IAAF, notified that she failed a drug test before the games.
The Olympic body says the 26-year-old athlete's backup sample will be tested to confirm a doping violation. The substance was not identified.
Marghieva was due to compete in her second Summer Games in the qualification round on Wednesday.
Her 24-year-old sister, Zalina, also in entered in the hammer event. They are coached by their father, Soslan Marghiev.
Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
Brazil vs Germany match report World Cup 2014: Utter humiliation for hosts as Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos help Germany hit seven past Selecao
Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
Netherlands vs Argentina match report World Cup 2014: Messi and Robben fail to shine as Sergio Romero breaks Dutch hearts
Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: Heartbreaking photos show home fans reacting to humiliating defeat
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories