Olympic Shorts: BBC aims to improve…; Israel alert for attacks; Stadium shortlisted
Monday 23 July 2012
BBC aims to improve…
The television presenter Huw Edwards has held private talks with Danny Boyle about the film director's Olympic opening ceremony to avoid criticism of the BBC's coverage. Boyle, who has already been involved in a "spat" over camera positioning, has stressed the critical importance of the musical soundtrack to his "vision".
Israel alert for attacks
Israel is on alert for plots to kill its citizens at during the Olympics, the country's prime minister, Bejamin Netanyahu, said, after five Israelis died in a bomb attack in Bulgaria last week. Defence minister Ehud Barak said the Games are a "natural target".
The Olympic Stadium has been shortlisted for the Stirling Prize for architecture. While it has been criticised by some as uninspiring, the stadium has a "spirit of fun" and will "create an amazing atmosphere", according to the judges.
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Mutual contempt burns as rivals Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho face off again
Memphis Depay to Manchester United: Striker 'arrives in England' for talks over £25m switch
Wayne Rooney is Premier League's richest footballer with £72million worth but Lewis Hamilton leads the Sunday Times Rich List
Memphis Depay to Manchester United: Louis van Gaal faces difficult task as Liverpool hold 'secret' meeting with transfer target
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove