Olympic site homes plan
Friday 08 October 2010
Up to 11,000 new homes are to be built over the next 25 years on the 2012 Olympics site in Stratford, east London.
The plan is a "21st-century take on the best that London has to offer", according to Baroness Ford, the chairwoman of the Olympic Park Legacy Company.
The site will also include schools, nurseries, health centres, faith and community spaces. A creative district in the North-west of the site and at 3 Mills Studios, to the south of the park, is earmarked as a hub for business, creativity and innovation.
Anish Kapoor's Orbit viewing platform, visible in the centre of the picture, will open in 2013.
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?