Olympic site homes plan
Friday 08 October 2010
Up to 11,000 new homes are to be built over the next 25 years on the 2012 Olympics site in Stratford, east London.
The plan is a "21st-century take on the best that London has to offer", according to Baroness Ford, the chairwoman of the Olympic Park Legacy Company.
The site will also include schools, nurseries, health centres, faith and community spaces. A creative district in the North-west of the site and at 3 Mills Studios, to the south of the park, is earmarked as a hub for business, creativity and innovation.
Anish Kapoor's Orbit viewing platform, visible in the centre of the picture, will open in 2013.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Transfer news: Manchester United step up chase for Internazionale midfielder Fredy Guarin - reports
Manchester City should have known rules in Bayern Munich match, says Rafa Benitez
Ashes 2013-14: Joker Steve Smith hits an unbeaten century which sees England let yet another dominating position slip away
Champions League last 16 draw 2013: Who could Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United meet?
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white