Olympics news you may have missed...
Wednesday 20 June 2012
Tonia Couch has been granted leave to appeal her omission by Team GB for the 10m platform diving at the London Games.
Monique Gladding was selected in the event earlier this month, but Couch challenged the decision and has now won the right to have her case heard by an independent panel.
British BMX rider is confident of success in London after recovering from a broken collarbone.
Missing this weekend's trials to rest an Achilles injury, the 1500m runner risks her London place.
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave