Artistic gymnastics: Uzbek barred after failed test
Monday 30 July 2012
Artistic gymnast Luiza Galiulina has been suspended from the Olympic Games after failing a drugs test.
Galiulina, of Uzbekistan, tested positive for the banned diuretic furosemide on Wednesday, the International Olympic Committee said.
The 20-year-old from Tashkent, who had her case heard before an IOC disciplinary commission in London on Saturday, was due to have her "B" urine sample tested last night.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile