Artistic gymnastics: Uzbek barred after failed test
Monday 30 July 2012
Artistic gymnast Luiza Galiulina has been suspended from the Olympic Games after failing a drugs test.
Galiulina, of Uzbekistan, tested positive for the banned diuretic furosemide on Wednesday, the International Olympic Committee said.
The 20-year-old from Tashkent, who had her case heard before an IOC disciplinary commission in London on Saturday, was due to have her "B" urine sample tested last night.
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are