Diving: Team GB duo Becky Gallantree and Hannah Starling scrape into semi-final of women's three-metre springboard
Becky Gallantree and Hannah Starling scraped through to the semi-final of the women's three-metre springboard at the Aquatics Centre this afternoon.
Gallantree failed to get past the preliminary round in Beijing four years ago but a score of 299.25 was enough to see her finish 16th and just inside the 18-diver cut.
Starling was fractionally behind her fellow Briton with a total of 298.95 placing her 17th.
The 17-year-old, the youngest diver in the competition, had been 19th heading into her final dive but drew scores of seven for her forwards two-and-a-half somersault with one twist to nudge through.
The City of Leeds duo will, however, have to improve to reach the final with the top 12 set to go through from tomorrow's round.
World champion Wu Minxia qualified in top position with a score of 387.95 ahead of compatriot He Zi, who she won the springboard synchro alongside earlier this week, in second.
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.