100,000 Olympic Park tickets on sale
A total of 100,000 tickets to go to the Olympic Park during the London 2012 Paralympics have gone on sale.
Anyone who buys the tickets will be able to get in to the grounds at the site in Stratford, east London, but none of the venues.
These "non-event" tickets will cost £5 for adults and £1 for under-16s and the over-60s, London 2012 said.
Tickets can only be bought at http://www.tickets.london2012.com. Wheelchair users can buy tickets by calling 0844 847 2012. Buyers can only pay with a Visa card.
It is a chance for people to see the Olympic Park where Paralympic sport can be watched on big screens.
London 2012 chairman Lord Coe said: "I'm thrilled that we can give even more people the opportunity to experience the Olympic Park, soak up the atmosphere and perhaps catch some Paralympic action on the big screen.
"We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to visit the Olympic Park and releasing more tickets is part of this commitment."
So far, approximately 2.3 million tickets have been sold for the 2012 Paralympics - more than any previous Paralympic Games.
Details of the remaining ticket sales will be online and on an "ongoing basis" which has yet to be announced.
McDowell did brilliantly to land the World Match Play title in Bulgaria last week, but it’s a format...
by Gareth Purnell
23 May 2013 09:13 AM
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness Ingrid Loyau-Kennett gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.