Team GB's Fran Halsall misses out on medal again at the Aquatics Centre
Fran Halsall was fifth in the 50 metres freestyle as Ranomi Kromowidjojo
claimed the sprint double on the final night of competition at the
The 22-year-old was desolate after coming sixth in the 100 metres freestyle in which she coveted a medal more than in any other event.
Qualifying fifth fastest from last night's semi-final, the 22-year-old was in contention for a medal all the way but she missed out on the touch in 24.47 seconds.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc