Winter Olympics 2014: Your guide to Figure skating
6-22 Feb at Iceberg Skating Palace
Thursday 06 February 2014
What is it? The new team event makes it five golds – men's, women's, pairs, ice dance and team. Each individual or pair does two routines marked by a panel of nine judges on choreography and technical proficiency.
What do I need to know? In ice dance the women have to wear a skirt and the men trousers.
Tell me something I don't know It featured at two Summer Olympics before becoming part of the inaugural Winter Games in 1924.
GB chances Nick Buckland and Penny Coomes are targeting 2018 but won bronze at last month's Europeans.
One to watch Maxim Trankov and Tatyana Volosozhar are among Russia's best hopes of gold. Volosozhar was in Ukraine's team in 2010.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'