Perilous looks a safe bet
Monday 06 May 1996
At Doncaster, Swallows Dream (3.55) can step up on a recent Warwick second in the May Day Handicap while the tough Siege Perilous (4.25) looks best in the Intake Handicap.
At Haydock, the front-running Royal Philosopher (3.30) will not mind dropping back to seven furlongs from a mile in the Haydock Park Rated Handicap and at Warwick the course-specialist Myfontaine (3.15) may land the Warwick Spring Handicap.
Best bet over jumps might be at Towcester where a small wager on Silver Standard (3.20) could yield a happy return for investors in the Stan Ormond Birthday Celebration Handicap Hurdle. And many happy returns to you too, Stan.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
£16000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for individual...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...