Racing: Pipe is mob-handed
Monday 27 January 1997
The trainer, who sponsors all six races at the fixture, is responsible for 32 of the 145 entries for Friday's card at Taunton,
Even if Pipe's plan fails, he can expect to at least get his money back for 10 of his horses are in the opening "Martin Pipe Winners Galore Novices' Hurdle".
If that race title appears narcissistic, the seven-times champion jumps trainer perhaps took a second look in the mirror before naming the final event the "Martin Pipe Am I That Difficult? Handicap Hurdle".
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...