Racing: Priory set to defend the faith
It is a programme for a National Hunt idealist, were it not for the fact that the probable first and second favourites in the handicap hurdle are graduates of the Flat. Aahsaylad, the Cesarewitch winner, and Sillars Stalker have strong credentials, but jumping's honour should be upheld by PAMBER PRIORY (nap 3.30). Tim Thomson Jones's gelding was a fair chaser last season, and would have been better but for some clumsy jumping. When returned to hurdles four weeks ago he produced a commendable performance over an inadequate trip, and he should capitalise on the weight he gets from the market leaders this afternoon.
Duntree won the card's big chase 12 months ago, but completed only once (when a distance adrift) in his next five races. The return to Cheltenham could renew his enthusiasm but few would want to bet on it, and Superior Finish (next best 2.55) holds stronger claims. See More Indians (2.20) will surely win if he jumps safely, while Michael Hourigan's experience should steer Mulbank (1.10) home in the conditionals' chase.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.