Coughing blamed after Souffleur's run falls flat
Monday 14 January 2008
Souffleur is set for a few weeks on the easy list after his disappointing show at Warwick on Saturday. The five-year-old, winner of the Grade One Challow Hurdle last month, could finish no better than third behind Carruthers in the Grade Two contest at Warwick.
However, trainer Peter Bowen found the gelding to be coughing following his 30-length defeat. "He came back and coughed badly," said Bowen. "He coughed all the way from the enclosure back to the stables. Something was obviously greatly amiss and you can put a line through that run. We will just isolate him now for a couple of weeks and then, hopefully, we can work towards Cheltenham."
Souffleur is a 20-1 shot with William Hill for the Ballymore Properties Novices' Hurdle at the Festival in March.
* Today's fixture at Plumpton is subject to the course passing an inspection at 7.30am after recent heavy rain.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...