Galileo filly a record £5.25m
Wednesday 09 October 2013
A full sister to the 2012 Oaks winner Was raised a world-record figure for a yearling filly when it sold at auction for £5.25m at Tattersalls.
The daughter of Galileo out of Alluring Park was sold by Lodge Park Stud to Mandore International on behalf of Sheikh Joaan's Al Shaqab Racing at a record fee for a horse sold at European auction.
Mandore International's Nicolas de Watrigant said: "We bought her sister last year and we think she could be special." The filly will be trained in France by André Fabre.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
2014 World Cup draw: Roy Hodgson raises possibility of England switching base away from Rio de Janeiro
Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: Brendan Rodgers takes a swipe at Arsenal by claiming Luis Suarez is now worth '£40m and two pounds'
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Key Stage 2 Primary Te...
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Company pres...
£85000 - £90000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Morgan Hunt is currently recruiting a ...