Galileo filly a record £5.25m
Wednesday 09 October 2013
A full sister to the 2012 Oaks winner Was raised a world-record figure for a yearling filly when it sold at auction for £5.25m at Tattersalls.
The daughter of Galileo out of Alluring Park was sold by Lodge Park Stud to Mandore International on behalf of Sheikh Joaan's Al Shaqab Racing at a record fee for a horse sold at European auction.
Mandore International's Nicolas de Watrigant said: "We bought her sister last year and we think she could be special." The filly will be trained in France by André Fabre.
Latest in Sport
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...