Picture of the Day: And you thought Aintree was dangerous...
Tuesday 17 July 2012
It may have fewer jumps than the Grand National, but the race is no less dangerous. The annual Calgary Stampede in Alberta, Canada, has claimed the lives of dozens of animals in its 100-year history, and this year was no different.
Three horses were put down after the chuckwagon racing event, pictured, after two wagons collided on the last bend of the race.
The 10-day festival also includes a rodeo in which riders compete to stay on their horse for as long as possible.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
£300 - £400 Per Day Extensive Benefits Package: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£41250 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Could YOU be Achi...
£500 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Target Operating Mod...
£10 - £12 per hour: Pro-Recruitment Group: An opportunity has arisen within th...