Three Questions: George Primarolo
The public relations manager of Totesport, sponsoring several big races today
Saturday 08 May 2010
1. How useful is it to be generating some headline rollovers on a weekend like this?
It's great. The Scoop6 pools should hit the million today.
This bet is one of the Tote's biggest success stories, and it was devised to generate rollovers like this. The Jackpot is designed to be won on a more regular basis, but it has proved tough going for Chester punters this week. It was won to five units yesterday, with a dividend of over £124,000 to £1.
2. Totesport signed this week as the official betting partners of the Investec Derby. Pending today's trials at Lingfield, what is your own view of the race?
That deal fits really well into a portfolio that includes not only these Lingfield trials, but the Dante at York next week. As for the Derby, it looks wide open, but there was a slight over-reaction to the defeat of St Nicholas Abbey in the 2,000 Guineas last weekend. He might have been a victim of the Sea The Stars syndrome, with so many talking about another wonder horse on the scene. If you take all that away, he has run a perfectly decent Derby trial.
3. And how did you get on in the London Marathon?
Hmm. I did manage to beat the bloke with a fridge on his back, but was devastated to cross the line only about five metres ahead of Lorraine Kelly. It turned out she had started about an hour before me. Anyone prepared to sponsor me for Racing Welfare can do so through www.justgiving.com/george-primarolo.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SQL Impl...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: SQL Technical ...
£85000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Head of IT (Windows, Server, VMware, SAN, ...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead C# Develo...