Three Questions: George Primarolo
The public relations manager of Totesport, sponsoring several big races today
Saturday 08 May 2010
1. How useful is it to be generating some headline rollovers on a weekend like this?
It's great. The Scoop6 pools should hit the million today.
This bet is one of the Tote's biggest success stories, and it was devised to generate rollovers like this. The Jackpot is designed to be won on a more regular basis, but it has proved tough going for Chester punters this week. It was won to five units yesterday, with a dividend of over £124,000 to £1.
2. Totesport signed this week as the official betting partners of the Investec Derby. Pending today's trials at Lingfield, what is your own view of the race?
That deal fits really well into a portfolio that includes not only these Lingfield trials, but the Dante at York next week. As for the Derby, it looks wide open, but there was a slight over-reaction to the defeat of St Nicholas Abbey in the 2,000 Guineas last weekend. He might have been a victim of the Sea The Stars syndrome, with so many talking about another wonder horse on the scene. If you take all that away, he has run a perfectly decent Derby trial.
3. And how did you get on in the London Marathon?
Hmm. I did manage to beat the bloke with a fridge on his back, but was devastated to cross the line only about five metres ahead of Lorraine Kelly. It turned out she had started about an hour before me. Anyone prepared to sponsor me for Racing Welfare can do so through www.justgiving.com/george-primarolo.
Latest in Sport
Wojciech Szczesny was 'lied to' by Arsene Wenger over future after £11m transfer of Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech
England vs Japan - Women's World Cup semi-final: what time does it start and what channel is it on?
Christian Benteke to Liverpool: Aston Villa striker ready to reject Tottenham
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
Edinson Cavani sent-off after Gonzalo Jara 'inserted finger into his anus' during Uruguay's 1-0 Copa America defeat to Chile
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal will donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for o...
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leader provides c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...