Three Questions: Harry Dunlop
The trainer hopes Green Moon can extend his winning run in the opener at Newmarket
Saturday 29 May 2010
1. How optimistic are you as your colt steps up to Listed class today?
The handicapper hasn't held back at all – he put him up a stone for winning at Newbury last time! He's well-bred, and it's worth testing the water for Pattern races.
If he has to drop back down, so be it, but we're trying to get him up the next rung of the ladder. He's a big son of Montjeu, still a baby really, and has always been quite hard to evaluate, because he's very lazy in his work. He saves it for the track, but that's the way you'd want it, and you can't knock what he's done since coming good.
2. He has been the one bright spot in a tough campaign so far. Presumably you must feel due a change of luck after the Chepstow stewards disqualified Set To Go during the week?
They have been running well without winning so, yes, it was exceptionally annoying for that to happen, when one finally got its nose in front. I do have some nice two-year-olds and, while a lot would be backward types who'll want a bit of time and seven furlongs, they're coming on nicely for the second half of the season.
3. What is your view of the two Classics at Epsom next week?
The Oaks looks very open, but with Henry Cecil's record you'd have to respect Aviate. I was impressed with the way she squeezed through at York. The Derby looks booked for Ballydoyle. They obviously still think St Nicholas Abbey is a superstar and the others are all improving.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Jose Mourinho dismisses United injury worries, saying 'they have an amazing squad'
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Arsene Wenger compares talk of Jurgen Klopp replacing him at Arsenal to a 'circus'
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...