Three Questions: Rupert Bell
The talkSPORT commentator has been broadcasting from Wimbledon, after a spell of duty at Royal Ascot last week
Saturday 26 June 2010
1. Your brother, Michael, saddles Coordinated Cut in the Irish Derby tomorrow. What's the inside track?
I wouldn't want to put words in Michael's mouth, but I get a slight sense the horse might fall just short of Group One level. The one thing you can say for certain is that he patently didn't handle Epsom, and this track will suit him much better. Michael did think he could make the first four in the Derby, so he probably has a decent each-way chance.
2. You did a marathon TV broadcast at Ascot last week. What were the highlights for you?
Dave Stevens of Coral was my partner in crime, and obliged the cameras with an impersonation of Tom Cruise in Cocktail. The upshot was that he spent the next three days with streaks of Bacardi all over his tailcoat. On the track, you want to keep an eye on Wigmore Hall, third for my brother in the Hampton Court Stakes. Jamie Spencer told me he'll reach a much higher level some day. The word from the Australians was that no matter how good Starspangledbanner looked, Denman, who has been imported by Godolphin, will be no pushover in the July Cup.
3. After Ascot you moved on to Wimbledon radio. Who's your money on?
The key to the women's title is Sharapova's likely fourth-round match with Serena Williams. Among the men, Nadal looks unbeatable.
Latest in Sport
Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Compare the Barcelona and Real Madrid players in El Clasico
Paul Scholes column: I'm not worried about Manchester United's defence - Chelsea test can be the making of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Jose Mourinho to push for Diego Costa to play at Old Trafford
Tim Sherwood: The mavericks have always needed special handling – but Balotelli is not delivering his side of the bargain for Liverpool
Sunderland vs Arsenal: Premier League match preview
- 1 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 2 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...