Three Questions: Rupert Bell
The talkSPORT commentator has been broadcasting from Wimbledon, after a spell of duty at Royal Ascot last week
Saturday 26 June 2010
1. Your brother, Michael, saddles Coordinated Cut in the Irish Derby tomorrow. What's the inside track?
I wouldn't want to put words in Michael's mouth, but I get a slight sense the horse might fall just short of Group One level. The one thing you can say for certain is that he patently didn't handle Epsom, and this track will suit him much better. Michael did think he could make the first four in the Derby, so he probably has a decent each-way chance.
2. You did a marathon TV broadcast at Ascot last week. What were the highlights for you?
Dave Stevens of Coral was my partner in crime, and obliged the cameras with an impersonation of Tom Cruise in Cocktail. The upshot was that he spent the next three days with streaks of Bacardi all over his tailcoat. On the track, you want to keep an eye on Wigmore Hall, third for my brother in the Hampton Court Stakes. Jamie Spencer told me he'll reach a much higher level some day. The word from the Australians was that no matter how good Starspangledbanner looked, Denman, who has been imported by Godolphin, will be no pushover in the July Cup.
3. After Ascot you moved on to Wimbledon radio. Who's your money on?
The key to the women's title is Sharapova's likely fourth-round match with Serena Williams. Among the men, Nadal looks unbeatable.
Kirstie Allsopp has waded into the female fertility debate again
Gillian Anderson lays into gender disparity in Hollywood
The Sistine Chapel is set to be illuminated with thousands of LEDs
Latest in Sport
Arsene Wenger 18th anniversary at Arsenal: His WORST signings XI during his time with the Gunners
18 things Wenger has still never done at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger's worst signings XI
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Nani: On loan Sporting Lisbon winger admits he may not return to Manchester United
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
£45000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: My client are looking fo...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Domino ...
£26000 - £27000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: NQT's and experienced Cov...