Bath sign Ireland international Ryan Caldwell
Thursday 17 February 2011
Bath have announced the signing of Ireland international lock Ryan Caldwell.
Caldwell, 25, has agreed a two-year deal and will move to the Recreation Ground from Ulster this summer.
He follows another new second-row addition to the Bath squad, England international Dave Attwood, who has been recruited from Gloucester for next season.
Caldwell has made 79 appearances for Ulster and was capped twice during Ireland's tour to the USA and Canada in 2009.
Bath rugby director Sir Ian McGeechan said: "Ryan will be a very good addition to the club.
"He has very good skills already, and he will develop these further as he matures. He is a big, powerful young lock, and so will create some real problems for the opposition."
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
Liverpool fans applaud Cristiano Ronaldo after master-class for Real Madrid, despite his Manchester United ties
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'