Leicester sign South African back-row forward Wessel Jooste
Wednesday 26 September 2012
Leicester have confirmed the signing of South African back-row forward Wessel Jooste.
Jooste, 31, won under-19 and under-21 honours for South Africa, and he moves to Welford Road from French club Bourgoin, where he spent seven seasons.
He joins Tigers following the recent injury-enforced retirements of Ben Woods and Craig Newby.
"Wessel is a big man, a good ball-carrier and can play right across the back-row and in the second-row," Leicester rugby director Richard Cockerill said.
"He has played a lot of his rugby in France and has captained Bourgoin.
"We believe he will be a good signing for us and will complement the other guys we've got in the squad."
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'