Leicester Tigers' Martin Castrogiovanni lured by Toulon
Friday 14 June 2013
European champions Toulon have confirmed the signing of Leicester prop Martin Castrogiovanni.
The Italy forward, 31, had been at Welford Road since joining the Tigers from Calvisano in 2006.
Castrogiovanni is the latest high-profile signing made by Toulon, with South Africa wing Bryan Habana and Australia’s wide man Drew Mitchell among the French club’s other new recruits.
Castrogiovanni made 146 appearances for Leicester but his intention to move on had been known before the end of last season.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Liverpool 3 Cardiff City 1 match report: Luis Suarez leaves Malky Mackay with nothing but pride
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Spurs don't want Glenn Hoddle as their new manager
Arsène Wenger: Now is the time to finally beat Jose Mourinho
Manchester United 3 West Ham 1 match report: Ashley Young returns in style to finish off Hammers
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness