London Irish sign Canada international Jebb Sinclair
Wednesday 27 July 2011
London Irish have announced the signing of Canada international Jebb Sinclair on a one-year contract.
The back-row forward will link up with Irish after Canada's World Cup campaign in New Zealand.
Sinclair, 25, has been playing for Canadian side Atlantic Rock and he was arguably his country's outstanding player during the Churchill Cup competition earlier this summer when Canada lost to England Saxons in the final.
Irish head coach Toby Booth said: "I saw a lot of Jebb during the recent Churchill Cup, and I was impressed.
"His workrate around the park was of a high standard and allowed others around him to shine, and that is what you need from a forward in the Premiership.
"He offers another lineout option and he is a strong ball-carrier, which will further strengthen us for this season."
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland