London Irish sign Canada international Jebb Sinclair
Wednesday 27 July 2011
London Irish have announced the signing of Canada international Jebb Sinclair on a one-year contract.
The back-row forward will link up with Irish after Canada's World Cup campaign in New Zealand.
Sinclair, 25, has been playing for Canadian side Atlantic Rock and he was arguably his country's outstanding player during the Churchill Cup competition earlier this summer when Canada lost to England Saxons in the final.
Irish head coach Toby Booth said: "I saw a lot of Jebb during the recent Churchill Cup, and I was impressed.
"His workrate around the park was of a high standard and allowed others around him to shine, and that is what you need from a forward in the Premiership.
"He offers another lineout option and he is a strong ball-carrier, which will further strengthen us for this season."
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'