London Welsh appoint ex-Blues coach Justin Burnell
Sunday 09 June 2013
London Welsh have appointed Justin Burnell as their new head coach following the departure of Lyn Jones.
Burnell, 45, has previously coached at Cardiff Blues and will join the set-up "almost immediately", with pre-season training commencing on 17 June.
"I look to build upon the foundations laid over the last couple of seasons, with the aim of regaining Premiership status," Burnell said.
"This represents a huge and exciting opportunity for me."
Burnell was a joint head coach and forwards coach of Cardiff Blues and helped to guide them to a Heineken Cup quarter-final in 2012. The club said that he had been drawn from a three-man shortlist of "very strong candidates".
David Moyes sacked: Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti head wish list at Manchester United as Ryan Giggs is ruled out
Liverpool v Chelsea: Jose Mourinho threatens to play weakened side at Anfield after losing Petr Cech and John Terry during Atletico Madrid tie
David Moyes sacked: Ruthless decision to sack manager was made by club over two months ago
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers to be given record funds to prepare for Champions League
David Moyes sacked: Manchester United's potential summer transfer targets as season hits a new low
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Women take on Bear Grylls over 'sexist' male-only desert island show
- 5 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden