London Welsh appoint ex-Blues coach Justin Burnell
Sunday 09 June 2013
London Welsh have appointed Justin Burnell as their new head coach following the departure of Lyn Jones.
Burnell, 45, has previously coached at Cardiff Blues and will join the set-up "almost immediately", with pre-season training commencing on 17 June.
"I look to build upon the foundations laid over the last couple of seasons, with the aim of regaining Premiership status," Burnell said.
"This represents a huge and exciting opportunity for me."
Burnell was a joint head coach and forwards coach of Cardiff Blues and helped to guide them to a Heineken Cup quarter-final in 2012. The club said that he had been drawn from a three-man shortlist of "very strong candidates".
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain