London Welsh appoint ex-Blues coach Justin Burnell
Sunday 09 June 2013
London Welsh have appointed Justin Burnell as their new head coach following the departure of Lyn Jones.
Burnell, 45, has previously coached at Cardiff Blues and will join the set-up "almost immediately", with pre-season training commencing on 17 June.
"I look to build upon the foundations laid over the last couple of seasons, with the aim of regaining Premiership status," Burnell said.
"This represents a huge and exciting opportunity for me."
Burnell was a joint head coach and forwards coach of Cardiff Blues and helped to guide them to a Heineken Cup quarter-final in 2012. The club said that he had been drawn from a three-man shortlist of "very strong candidates".
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality