Miller's try gives sale edge against bath
Saturday 14 April 2012
In the Aviva Premiership's one match last night, Sale beat Bath
16-9 at Edgeley Park. The Sale full-back Rob Miller scored the only
try of the match with nine minutes to play; Nick Macleod converted
and also kicked three penalties. Olly Barkley kicked three
penalties for Bath.
The result lifted Sale into sixth place in the table, ahead of Gloucester, and did further damage to Bath's hopes of qualifying for next season's Heineken Cup. They are eighth.
In the RaboDirect Pro12, Leinster brought their fellow Heineken Cup semi-finalists Edinburgh down to earth with a bump with an eight-try, 58-13 win at the RDS in Dublin. The Newport-Gwent Dragons lost 33-32 at home to Treviso.
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?