Pirates plunder Bristol in play-offs
Tuesday 08 May 2012
Bristol's hopes of promotion to the Aviva Premiership took a hit when they were beaten 45-24 by the Cornish Pirates yesterday.
Bristol's James Merriman and Will Helu scored first-half tries at the Mennaye Field in Penzance but the Pirates scored five tries in the second half, through Rob Cook, Carl Rimmer (two), David Doherty and Grant Pointer. Helu scored Bristol's third.
The second leg of the Championship semi-final will be played on Sunday. Bristol are the only team in the play-offs thought certain to meet the entry criteria for the Premiership; the Pirates and Bedford cannot go up and London Welsh's status is uncertain.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'