Skivington to join Leicester from Wasps
Wednesday 14 April 2010
England Saxons captain George Skivington will join Leicester Tigers from London Wasps at the end of the 2009/10 season.
The 6ft 6ins second-rower has played more than 125 times for Wasps since making his debut in 2003 and has captained England Saxons during the last two seasons.
Skivington, 27, has established himself as an integral part of the Wasps line-up both at the set-piece and in his workrate around the pitch.
Leicester Tigers head coach Richard Cockerill said: "The second row is an area we have been looking at, especially as Richard Blaze has been out with long-term injury. George will certainly add to our strength in that area."
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God