Ulster winger Tommy Bowe out for three months
Wednesday 14 August 2013
The Ulster winger Tommy Bowe could miss the first three months of the season because of the wrist injury he picked up on the British & Irish Lions tour to Australia.
Bowe has had exploratory surgery to determine the extent of ligament damage, with the 29-year-old facing up to 12 weeks on the sidelines. He broke his wrist during the 22-12 victory over Queensland Reds on 8 June, but he went on to play in the second and third Tests.
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God