Wales scrum-half Lloyd Williams faces month out of action
Williams was hurt during Cardiff
Blues' RaboDirect PRO12 defeat against the Ospreys
Wednesday 03 April 2013
Wales scrum-half Lloyd Williams faces a month on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury.
Williams, who provided bench cover for Mike Phillips during this season's successful RBS 6 Nations campaign, was hurt during Cardiff Blues' RaboDirect PRO12 defeat against the Ospreys at the Millennium Stadium last weekend.
The 23-year-old suffered grade two medial ligament damage, with a possibility that he could return to action against Ulster on May 3.
"Cardiff Blues can confirm that scrum half Lloyd Williams will be out of action for approximately four weeks following a knee injury suffered against the Ospreys over the weekend," the club announced on their official website.
With Phillips set for a place in the British and Irish Lions squad to tour Australia this summer, Williams is favourite to wear Wales' number nine shirt against Japan in Osaka on June 8 and Tokyo seven days later.
James Rodriguez to Real Madrid: Would Colombian star fit in with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale?
William Carvalho to Arsenal? Gunners make new enquiry for £35m rated midfielder
Manchester United transfer news: More signings expected, indicates Ed Woodward
WWE Battleground 2014 results: John Cena and The Miz are the big winners on a night to forget in Tampa, Florida
Chelsea transfer news: Completed summer deals - including Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 5 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?