Alastair Kellock ruled out of Scots’ Six Nations plans
Monday 23 December 2013
Scotland lock Alastair Kellock will miss the Six Nations after undergoing surgery on an arm injury.
Glasgow confirmed their captain would be out for about four months after injuring his arm during their Heineken Cup defeat by Cardiff at Scotstoun this month.
The 32-year-old has been a regular starter for the international team and joins fellow Glasgow and Scotland lock Jonny Gray on the sidelines.
Northampton have drafted in the Samoa full-back Fa’atoina Autagavaia as injury cover. The 25-year-old arrives under the special dispensation rule to help fill the gaps left by the absence of Ben Foden and James Wilson. Autagavaia has eight caps for Samoa.
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts