England hit by Flutey injury blow
England centre Riki Flutey has been ruled out of tomorrow's RBS 6 Nations clash with Wales after suffering a thigh injury in training.
Flutey has been replaced in the starting XV by Toby Flood with Shontayne Hape added to the replacements.
Flood, who missed autumn's Investec Challenge Series through injury, will win his 27th cap.
Flutey, who missed England's autumn campaign after undergoing shoulder surgery, suffered the injury during a non-contact training session on Thursday morning.
"Riki took a bang yesterday in training and he is out with a dead leg," said Johnson.
"I don't think Riki's injury is too bad. It was touch and go whether he would be fit and we think he isn't going to make it.
"It is a blow because we picked him to play there. The good thing for us is that Toby has played a lot of Test rugby at 12. He has a kicking game and is an experienced Test player now."
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin