England prop Alex Corbisiero to undergo knee surgery
The Northampton Saints player had already been ruled out of this weekend's clash with New Zealand
Thursday 14 November 2013
England prop Alex Corbisiero is to undergo surgery on the knee injury that has forced him to miss Saturday's QBE International against New Zealand, his club Northampton have confirmed.
Corbisiero is to have a cartilage operation on his left knee and a date has yet to be set for his return.
The 25-year-old missed the autumn opener against Australia with the injury he sustained on club duty on October 11 and then aggravated the problem when he made his comeback against Argentina on Saturday.
It was hoped he would be available to start against the All Blacks, but he suffered a flare-up in training on Tuesday and was ruled of the Twickenham showdown.
Corbisiero has a history of knee issues and missed the RBS 6 Nations as underwent rehabilitation for an injury on the joint of his right leg.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track