England prop Alex Corbisiero to undergo knee surgery
The Northampton Saints player had already been ruled out of this weekend's clash with New Zealand
Thursday 14 November 2013
England prop Alex Corbisiero is to undergo surgery on the knee injury that has forced him to miss Saturday's QBE International against New Zealand, his club Northampton have confirmed.
Corbisiero is to have a cartilage operation on his left knee and a date has yet to be set for his return.
The 25-year-old missed the autumn opener against Australia with the injury he sustained on club duty on October 11 and then aggravated the problem when he made his comeback against Argentina on Saturday.
It was hoped he would be available to start against the All Blacks, but he suffered a flare-up in training on Tuesday and was ruled of the Twickenham showdown.
Corbisiero has a history of knee issues and missed the RBS 6 Nations as underwent rehabilitation for an injury on the joint of his right leg.
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains