England prop Alex Corbisiero to undergo knee surgery
The Northampton Saints player had already been ruled out of this weekend's clash with New Zealand
Thursday 14 November 2013
England prop Alex Corbisiero is to undergo surgery on the knee injury that has forced him to miss Saturday's QBE International against New Zealand, his club Northampton have confirmed.
Corbisiero is to have a cartilage operation on his left knee and a date has yet to be set for his return.
The 25-year-old missed the autumn opener against Australia with the injury he sustained on club duty on October 11 and then aggravated the problem when he made his comeback against Argentina on Saturday.
It was hoped he would be available to start against the All Blacks, but he suffered a flare-up in training on Tuesday and was ruled of the Twickenham showdown.
Corbisiero has a history of knee issues and missed the RBS 6 Nations as underwent rehabilitation for an injury on the joint of his right leg.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture