Gloucester duo Freddie Burns and Billy Twelvetrees receive England training camp call-up
Sunday 04 November 2012
Freddie Burns and Billy Twelvetrees, the two Gloucester midfielders mounting a strong case for promotion to the full England squad, have been called up for training ahead of this weekend's opening autumn international against Fiji at Twickenham.
Neither is expected to be involved in the game, but the head coach, Stuart Lancaster, clearly has them in mind for future honours. The outside-half Burns will cover for the injured Harlequins centre Jordan Turner-Hall in this week's run-outs while Twelvetrees replaces the stricken London Irish player Jonathan Joseph.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ashes 2013-14 comment: England need to learn from Australia and master art of avoiding 'the creep'
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent