Jones out of Lions tour
Wales captain Ryan Jones has been ruled out of the British and Irish Lions' tour of South Africa - just one day after arriving.
Jones has not satisfied the team medical staff that he is fully fit to play a part on the remainder of the 10-match trip.
He arrived in Cape Town yesterday after being summoned as a replacement for knee injury victory Stephen Ferris.
It is understood the Lions will not send for a further player to take over from Jones, who will now fly home without playing any part on the trip.
How Manchester United manager David Moyes must wish for some of Manuel Pellegrini’s problems
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
World Cup 2014: Your guide to Group A - Brazil; Croatia; Mexico; Cameroon
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail