Lions 2009: Fly-half contenders
Monday 20 April 2009
It's one of the oldest, most treasured traditions in rugby. The Lions are here again. Head coach Ian McGeechan names his initial squad on Tuesday as the Lions bandwagon begins to roll towards South Africa.
The Independent, in partnership with International Rugby News , has been bringing you the contenders for the key positions on the tour for the past few months.
Click the image on the right to launch our guide.
With the squad on the verge of being announced we re-cap which players are fighting for a place in McGeechan's squad, what their chances are and take a look at who Chris Hewett, The Independent's chief rugby correspondent, believes should be on the tour.
Click on the related links to see the contenders for the other key positions.
Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
England 'favourites' to host 2018 World Cup following Fifa arrests
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
Psychic penguins have made their pick for Arsenal vs Aston Villa in the FA Cup final...
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote