Lions 2009: Fly-half contenders
Monday 20 April 2009
It's one of the oldest, most treasured traditions in rugby. The Lions are here again. Head coach Ian McGeechan names his initial squad on Tuesday as the Lions bandwagon begins to roll towards South Africa.
The Independent, in partnership with International Rugby News , has been bringing you the contenders for the key positions on the tour for the past few months.
Click the image on the right to launch our guide.
With the squad on the verge of being announced we re-cap which players are fighting for a place in McGeechan's squad, what their chances are and take a look at who Chris Hewett, The Independent's chief rugby correspondent, believes should be on the tour.
Click on the related links to see the contenders for the other key positions.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail